Welcome, one and all, to the latest crowning of our Mixer Community Champion.
Each quarter, we ask our Partners who we should spotlight as a Mixer member who’s gone the extra mile in promoting a positive environment within the community. Those nominated span all across Mixer; viewers, moderators, streamers, artists, or otherwise! And then, when it all comes down to it, the community decides who holds the crown.
This round of voting has officially concluded, and we’re thrilled to introduce a name that you may already be familiar with – someone who’s been building her community on Mixer since November of 2016, the Queen Bee herself, BeeYoo!
We chatted with BeeYoo to find out a little bit more about her, what brings her community together each day and to hear about her journey on Mixer.
Hey there, BeeYoo! To open up, the mic is all yours. How would you best describe yourself and your community?
I’d describe myself and community as vibrant and diverse! We have people from all over the world. My community is always down to try new things, participate in events and check out new games. We cheer each other on and are always trying to be the best “us” we can be. The distance never keeps us from hanging out.
What would you say is your favorite thing about your community?
That no matter what I’m up to they are always there to be a part of it! They are very open to new activities and games and I know that is something very special.
Let’s go ahead and give your mods a shout-out! Would you mind telling us a little bit about the crew behind the (Bee)Yoo?
- HugJunkie: His name says it all! He’s much, much more just than a defender of the community. He always makes the stream feel warm and welcome… like a big hug! He’s always there to help me work through technical issues, and outside of the stream, he’s been a great friend to lean on.
- CaptainRick: Someone has to do the hard work and keep the chat free from trolls. He’s very vigilant and doesn’t miss a beat. He’s also always there when someone needs information or links. He’s always the little voice motivating me to keep going.
- ForbiddenM0b: Has been a member of this community for a long, long time. His dedication to the hive has been amazing. He’s great at engaging with everyone and does a wonderful job working up hype! I know I can always go to him with new ideas and get honest feedback. I’m also super happy that he has gone on to build his own strong community, but still makes time to help in mine.
- MadMax71: You will not meet a sweeter guy! Max is there first thing in the morning to wish everyone a good day and he’s there at night to remind me to go to bed! He’s always looking out for others’ well-being. But don’t let his friendliness fool you; he can tackle trolls with the best of them.
- RollahRabbit: Rollah brings a sense of unity to the community. He’s always reminding us how important it is to be kind and to care for each other. Peace, love and pizza!
How long have you been a Mixer Partner?
What’s your favorite thing about Mixer?
I love how the communities intertwine. It’s not just you and your audience. I can go in a stream I’ve never seen before and there is a high chance I will know someone in chat. That makes every stream feel more welcoming and familiar. Doing activities together with your friends makes the experience that much better.
If you could give a piece of advice to anyone starting their stream for the very first time – what would it be?
There is so much advice out there. Some will work for you and some won’t. My only advice is in my name… just be you.
We’ll leave you with the final word. Anything you want to say to the Mixer Community?
I’ve been a part of Mixer since Beam and I’m so happy that the magic is still there. When I hear of people trying the site now, and getting the same joy I did way back then, it makes me happy. Keep spreading the kindness, the support, the community togetherness we always have and it will just keep growing!