Calling all ghouls, witches, and clowns!
Halloween is approaching and the Mixer community is ready to celebrate! During the four days leading up to Halloween and the big day itself, streamers across the site will join in the fun by showcasing their interpretations of five theme days. With our awesome partnered streamers leading the charge, we invite all streamers to join in the fun with costumes and contests!
October 27: Fall Friday
- The festival kicks off with a special LevelUp Cast that will feature pumpkin carving and a celebration of all things autumn! We encourage you to carve pumpkins using the Mixer Create app or decorate your channels with all things festively fall. Crowns made of leaves? Check! Bowls of candy corn? Check! Bobbing for apples on stream...? Definitely check!
October 28: Sideshow Saturday
- Inspired by the vintage cartoon art of Cuphead, the horror of It in theaters, and the blurred line between whimsical and eerie at a carnival, we want to encourage indie games and circus-y costumes.
October 29: Sci-fi Sunday
- From Star Wars Battlefront II to Destiny 2 on PC, this October is an amazing month for sci-fi games. Dress up as your favorite alien or sci-fi hero and prepare to explore new worlds!
October 30: Monster Monday
- With just one day to go until Halloween, things are starting to get a little spookier. Today is all about horror games and creepy costumes.
October 31: TRICK-OR-TREAT TUESDAY!
- Halloween! The day we've all been waiting for! Don your costume, then fire up your stream. Oh, and Mixer's show Tips & Tricks will showcase some of our favorite moments from the five-day extravaganza, so make sure to tune in at 3PM Pacific Time to catch all the epic moments you might have missed.
You can quickly and easily update your stream title to join in on the Mixer Halloween celebration! Just go to Game Your Streaming each day and select the daily themed!
PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST
The pumpkin pros will be separated from the pumpkin plebs in a creative carving contest. Between October 27-30 (the first four days of Mixer Halloween) stream yourself carving a pumpkin and then submit a photo of your finished product and a link to the VOD of the process to Contest@Mixer.com
The winning channel will receive one (1) hour of live featured promotion on Mixer's ChannelOne, an opportunity that until now has been invite-only. Terms and conditions apply
More details: You can keep it simple by using the Mixer Create App on your phone, or you can cover your floor in plastic and use your normal streaming rig. All channels are invited to submit an entry, but we will only accept entries that include (1) The photo of the finished product, (2) a link to the VOD where the carved pumpkin was produced, and (3) are suitable to be shared on social media. The entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and the winning channel will be announced on Tips & Tricks, 3PM PT on Tuesday, October 31: Mixer.com/TipsAndTricks . Following the public announcement, we will reach out to the winning channel. The prize is non-transferable.